Corporate Counsel UK & Ireland - Global Business
Birmingham office (2 days per week)
Super opportunity to join a global business to work alongside the Head of Legal (UK&I) and wider Legal team on the provision of proactive, pragmatic and commercially focussed legal advice to the UK & Ireland business. There is also the opportunity to work on some wider Western European matters.
This is a great move for someone coming from either a law firm or in-house background. Whilst the work is broadly commercial contracts, you might even come from a Corporate or Litigation background if you have appropriate transferrable skills and experience and can demonstrate commercial focus. This is a role to help the business overcome legal issues, not put obstacles in its way.
- providing legal advice and negotiation support to business units
- providing discrete advice to the wider Western European business (as part of a global Legal team)
- assisting in developing and implementing new approaches to contracting
- developing solutions driven alternatives which will support the wider business
- enhancing knowledge within the wider business on legal issues - engaging and providing training
- leading on the negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts, including customer and supplier agreements
- developing strong working partnerships across the business and various team leaders to ensure legal compliance
- support on larger legal projects and special one-off projects
- managing external lawyers in other jurisdictions
This is a full time role as it is a busy team but it is a flexible team where the work can fit around family or personal commitments, such as school drop offs and pick ups. Supportive Head of Legal who would be great to work with.
Ideally the new hire will work from the office for 2 days a week (great location a short distance outside of Birmingham city centre) but there might be flexibility on this if required.
Excellent package on offer including car allowance and bonus.