In House Lawyer (flex / agile working)
We act for a big player in the property management sector. This market leader is looking for an additional lawyer to bolster its strong legal team.
This role presents a great opportunity for a mid to senior level real estate or construction lawyer to make the move in house. Those with existing in house experience, particularly in the asset management or residential development space, are also of particular interest.
You can expect to be involved in interesting and varied real estate and construction work, including:
• Creation of various construction related documentation alongside external lawyers (procurement, framework, warranties, bonds D&B and JCT contracts and other bespoke agreements)
• Advising on contractor PI / EL and liaison with insurers
• Reviewing and advising on leases and licenses, ownership, various developments
• Advising property managers on management responsibilities
• Dealing with consents to works from freeholders, utility companies, TFL, British Waterways etc
• Liaising with external counsel – obtaining advice and translating that advice internally to the business
• Dealing with FTT issues and managing external lawyers doing the same (service charge, s20 major works etc)
• Property litigation is generally handled by experts elsewhere in the team but this role will cover construction related disputes
• Advising on Building Safety Fund (BSF) rules, their application, holding projects teams to account
• Advising on Grant Funding Agreements and the Waking Watch Relief Fund
• Health & Safety issues relating to construction and property management
This is a key hire for the business and you will be able to demonstrate the ability to engage and influence senior internal and external stakeholders.
The current legal team (which includes Commercial lawyers as well as Real Estate lawyers (contentious and non) is spread across the Midlands, South East and South West so your location is not important as you will be able to work from home. This is a busy but supportive and collegiate legal team and you will not be out on a limb but you will be expected to lead (as well as work alongside a fantastic GC) this side of the legal work.
Solid package and a great opportunity.