Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel (Finance / Structured Finance / Derivatives)
FTSE 100 Financial Services
Two opportunities for finance lawyers to join the Legal team of our FTSE 100 institutional client. Both newly created, growth roles as our client seeks to grow its capability in-house on the execution / asset management side.
These roles are part of the General Counsel Team, led by the Head of Legal for Investment Management & Transactions, which supports a business which oversees the management of over £300 billion assets.
The team provides advice relating to the management of external investment service providers, investment transactions and internal and external investment structures.
Senior Legal Counsel (Derivatives / Investment Management & Transactions)
This hire will likely come from a financial services, banking, structured finance or asset management background (either in house or private practice).
Role to include:
- Legal Business Partner to stakeholders in the Asset Management Front Office, Asset Liability Management, Collateral Management and Treasury Risk & Dealing Teams
- Advise on legal regulatory and governance requirements to invest in new products
- Lead on the legal workstream on derivatives documentation and regulatory change projects, including budgeting for external legal spend
- Advise on issues and risks arising in connection with derivatives, collateral management, capital markets and general banking
- Advise, negotiate and draft derivatives trading agreements and transaction documents
- Compliance with regulatory developments and monitor industry changes
- Advise, negotiate and draft legal documentation in connection with securities lending (GMRA, GMSLA)
Legal Counsel (Illiquid Direct Investments)
This hire is likely to have a financial services background (in house or private practice) and experience of the structured finance market (with experience in financial documents that cover lending into some or all of Investment Grade Real Estate, Infrastructure, Structured Projects, and Corporate Private Placement markets).
Role to include:
- Legal Business Partner providing and co-ordinating the provision of high quality and practical legal advice to the Illiquid Direct Investments team
- Appointing and managing external counsel with related budgeting
- Supporting deal structuring and assisting negotiations as well as managing and mitigating legal risk in relation to Illiquid Direct Investments
- Providing clear written advice / board papers to exec management
- Ensuring members of the Illiquid Direct Investment team understand their legal responsibilities under legislation, codes of conduct etc
Both roles represent good opportunities for lawyers to move in-house from private practice, although our client is also keen to hear from lawyers in house within the FS sector.
Solid salary and benefits package.