Legal Counsel 2+ PQE, Cambridge & London
Our client is one of the most innovative players in the fintech world and this is an incredibly exciting time to join them in serious growth mode. They are seeking a Legal Counsel with a commercial contracts background to expand their legal team. You will be working alongside (as the right-hand person) to a super experienced and personable General Counsel.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provide general and commercial legal and regulatory advice to a dynamic business operating in multiple jurisdictions, covering their Issuing, ATM and payment processing businesses
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements with their existing and potential partners and suppliers, ensuring that all agreements reflect the approved business case and the standard policies and procedures of the organisation
- Support and advise the business teams on the applicable legal and regulatory framework in the relevant territories, in particular advising on compliance with PSD2, E-money regulations amongst others
- Support and advise the business on the legal aspects of new product development and new product delivery channels
- Instruct and manage external legal counsel
- Address any other general or ad-hoc commercial legal queries from internal business stakeholders
- Assist in the development of standard departmental procedures designed to facilitate each of the identified responsibilities, while maintaining appropriate internal controls and involving all appropriate departments and areas of responsibility
You will be a UK qualified lawyer with at least 1 years’ post-qualification experience, ideally including some experience of working in an in-house environment in the payments or financial services industry. However lawyers from law firms or other in-house institutions with Commercial Contracts or Financial Services or Banking experience will be considered.
You will have experience of providing commercially focused legal advice. You will have a good ability to build rapport quickly and establish strong working relationships and the following:
- A commercial mindset and ability to think creatively to achieve the commercial objectives of the business and to deliver legal advice in the appropriate commercial context
- The ability to draft clear, professional and legally robust correspondence, advice, contractual documentation, policies and other documentation as required, with appropriate form and style
- First class interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels, communicate well and negotiate
On offer is a solid remuneration working on a hybrid basis (3 days in the office this can be mixed between Cambridge or London) and great benefits package including bonus. You will be working with entrepreneurial individuals who combined have decades of experience.
This role is exclusively with Barker Morris Legal Search.